Sunday, November 27, 2011

Kuala Bear!

I woke up early to see Kuala Lumpur after a very long time.  I can still remember my mom always tell me that we went to Malaysia when I was still a small, cute, and cuddly kid.  Ngayon kasi hindi na.  Haha!

I left the hotel at 8 in the morning.  I rode the KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport) Transit going to KL Sentral.  It took me 20 minutes to reach the place.  Just a bit of information, KL Sentral is the transfer point for major rail systems in Malaysia.  It costs me 35 Malaysian Ringgit (MR) for the train fare (KLIA to KL Sentral).

Cocoa Cappuccino @  Starbucks, KL Sentral



From KL Sentral, I took the Putra LRT going to KLCC (4 MR), where the Petronas Towers are located.

Mabuti pa yung nasa likod ko magka-holding hands....


WATCH THIS! A MOVIE TRAILER featuring the Petronas Towers!

One thing i noticed about the country is that their flag was everywhere - buildings, train stations, malls, and clothes!  Sana sa Pinas ganito din!
After taking pictures in the Petronas, I decided to go to Batu Caves - one of the most popular Hindu temple located outside India.  I went back to KL Sentral and from there, I rode the Komuter train going to Batu Caves.  It costs aournd 2 MR.

At the top of 272 steps is a breathtaking view of the place.  Yun nga lang mapapagod ka muna! Haha!  But don't worry, there are lots of stop overs and I took my time para di halata na sedentary lifestyle.

Just a tip when going there, please don't bring food or plastic bags with you because there are lots of monkeys in the place!  They might mistaken your bags or plastic bags as food and they'll try to get it from you.

Trust me, dont bring plastics! This little fellow will try to steal your plastic bags.
I saw this painting at the bottom of the shrine.  If you're going to ask me, I see an elephant and a caraboa sharing the same head! LOL!  It's freakin' weird but its very artistic like the elephant with 2 bodies with one head.

To sum everything up, I am thankful for a new day of discovery!  I never thought that I would see such a beautiful work of art in Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment